The Runstad Advisory Board is committed to helping create a future where equity is embraced, so that our industry and built environment reflect the rich diversity of people in our community.
We Believe, We Seek
We believe our influential board can materially assist both the people and programs of the University of Washington’s College of Built Environments, the Runstad Real Estate Department and the industry as a whole, to help embed the principles and practices of race and social equity into the industry.
We seek to devote our talents and resources to move the industry towards inclusion and fairness and to advance greater diversity and equity within the next generation of industry leaders.
- We acknowledge the history of systemic racism and that increasing our knowledge of this history, particularly as it relates to the real estate industry, helps inform our pursuit of a more equitable future.
- We cannot do things as we have always done them and expect change; we must be intentional and active in our efforts to change the system and combat the influence of bias.
- We recognize the value and strength that comes from differences, and believe outcomes are optimized when all voices are represented AND heard.
- We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
- We are accountable for how our actions affect others.