The Runstad Advisory Board provides critical support to the Department and its students. Program curriculum is developed in close consultation with these industry leaders to make sure students are exposed to current best practices and real world problem solving. The Board regularly hosts functions to facilitate connection between students and the industry including receptions to welcome incoming students and graduating students as well as the annual Leadership Dinner that attracts 750 attendees. Board members frequently meet individually with students to provide career and internship guidance.
The Board is actively involved in raising funds for scholarships and fellowships and also supports orientation programs, student attendance at industry conferences and special programs such as the Affiliate Fellows Program. Board members have taught courses, contributed individual class sessions as guest lecturers and assist the department in recruiting affiliate instructors as needed. The Board also takes an active interest in the research of department faculty and the applied research activities of the Washington Center for Real Estate Research.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement
The Runstad Advisory Board is committed to helping create a future where equity is embraced, so that our industry and built environment reflect the rich diversity of people in our community.
We Believe, We Seek
We believe our influential board can materially assist both the people and programs of the University of Washington’s College of Built Environments, the Runstad Real Estate Department and the industry as a whole, to help embed the principles and practices of race and social equity into the industry.
We seek to devote our talents and resources to move the industry towards inclusion and fairness and to advance greater diversity and equity within the next generation of industry leaders.
- We acknowledge the history of systemic racism and that increasing our knowledge of this history, particularly as it relates to the real estate industry, helps inform our pursuit of a more equitable future.
- We cannot do things as we have always done them and expect change; we must be intentional and active in our efforts to change the system and combat the influence of bias.
- We recognize the value and strength that comes from differences, and believe outcomes are optimized when all voices are represented AND heard.
- We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
- We are accountable for how our actions affect others.