Skip to content

Financial Assistance

The department awards an array of scholarships once a year to incoming students and students entering their second year. Each scholarship has different eligibility criteria.

*Part time students can complete the MSRE Advanced Standing program in 2 years with diligent planning and advising

**If you register for less than 7 credits, you will be paying per credit

Please contact the department for information about our department resources.

Financial Assistance Opportunities

A detailed breakdown of tuition and fees for the MSRE program can be found here, choose real estate as the program and number of credits: University of Washington Office of Planning and Budgeting

The Office of Student Financial Aid administers several federal, state and private financial aid programs created to help students pay tuition and fees for their education. Assistance is available in the form of grant aid, scholarships, long-term loans that must be repaid after leaving school, and work opportunities. An information packet describing the programs, eligibility criteria and application procedures may be obtained by contacting the Office of Student Financial Aid, 105 Schmitz Hall, Box 355880, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, (206) 543-6101.

Graduate students may apply for aid through the Office of Student Financial Aid; graduate assistance is generally limited to long-term loans and work opportunities.

To be eligible for financial aid, an individual must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and be admitted to the University as a matriculated, degree-seeking student. First consideration is given to full-time students pursuing their first degree at any level (e.g. first bachelor degree, first master degree). Priority is given to students who apply before the University’s financial aid deadline, which is generally March 1 of the preceding year.

The MSRE program along with other programs in the College of Built Environments is part of the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE).  This makes our MSRE degree program available at resident tuition rates to students from the following 14 states and 2 UW territories: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Montana, North Dakota, New Mexico, South Dakota, Oregon, Wyoming, Utah, Guam, and Northern Mariana Islands.

Please note: WRGP selection is competitive based on merit, evaluation in the candidate pool and financial need. If you are interested in being considered for the WRGP, please contact Eli Heller,

The Office of Student Financial Aid also administers the Student Employment Service, 172 Schmitz Hall, (206) 543-1840. This is an employment referral service that lists a wide variety of part-time jobs on and off campus throughout the year. The office also administers short-term emergency loans for full-time students who find themselves in temporary, severe financial difficulty. University students may take advantage of the Student Employment Service and of the short-term emergency loan program without applying for financial aid.

Graduate Diversity Fellowships Financial assistance is available to students whose individual experiences and/or academic interests will bring diversity to scholarly perspectives and endeavors, and to the academic community. For additional information on a limited number of diversity fellowships available through The Graduate School’s Graduate Student Equity & Excellence program (GSEE), contact GSEE at:

Graduate Student Equity & Excellence
The Graduate School
University of Washington

Speak to a GSEE advisor

It is very important that applicants review the expected expenses before deciding to apply for admission.

Although financial aid or work-study positions from the University of Washington are not available for international students, the UW International Student Services website provides helpful information to international students attending the University of Washington.

International students may qualify to apply for some Department scholarships. Other scholarships are available from organizations external to the university.